Friday, May 28, 2010

An afternoon in Morocco


If Carrie and the girls went to Morocco in SATC2, so did I for lunch. A good friend of mine discovered this place called D'Arab in Mutiara Damansara and I am glad that she introduced it to me. When we reached the place, I was impressed with the Cafe. It was as if I was in Morocco, from the exterior to the interior and even to the plates and saucers. The furniture, cushions, ottoman and even the slippers spoke Moroccan to me.

When the menu came, I ordered Lamb Kabsah and orange juice. The Kabsah was delicious; the basmati was cooked perfectly and the lamb was tender. I could taste the kabsah spices in the lamb. It was served with onions, green chillies and salad together with a bowl of soup and some spicy sauce. After my meal, I had Moroccan mint tea and it was refreshing. I could not think of a better way to complement my lunch than the mint tea.

I strongly recommend that you do try D'Arab Cafe and transport yourself to Morocco for a few hours (and it is more affordable). You can also experience hammam at this place just like the one you can find in almost every Moroccan and Tunisian town. The address is Lot 16, Medan Selera Mutiara Damansara, Jalan PJU 7/16, Mutiara Damansara.

No comments:

Post a Comment