Sunday, June 20, 2010

"I can hear the decadence calling!"

The girls still have it! From the 80s to now, the girls manage to captivate me, not just fashion wise but most importantly, character wise.
Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte' s characters are fun to watch and you can relate to them on a certain level. I personally can relate to the friendship that these four women have and how hard they work to ensure that no partners and babies will break that magical bond that they have.
The scenes in Morocco are scenic and decadent (in a good way). The dresses are fabulous and I love Carrie's style at the souq. I also love Sam's red dress. However, my favourite dress is Miranda's dress that she wears to Stanford's wedding. That dress is simply stunning. It is like looking at Madam Kwan's banana fritters with vanilla ice cream; nice to look at and yummy!
I do take note some of the weaknesses in SATC 2. The story line could have been tighter; Carrie's dialogue with Big when she returns from the vacation and Miranda standing up against her male boss. Samantha and Charlotte's characters are well developed and their stories are well told too. Nevertheless, SATC 2 is still entertaining and come one, this is no heavy drama! So, put on your Manolos and hit the theatre with your girlfriends.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment